Monday, December 31, 2007

The Return to Palm Springs

Time: 57:32
Distance: 9 miles?

Went out on a run that started pretty brisk. The weather was so nice that my legs seemed to want to run fast. However, the rest of my respiratory system didn't. I didn't have a great run that didn't have any particular direction. I started in the neighborhood just south of my dad's place. Then I ran along Sunrise and ended up at Ruth Hardy park before returning on Palm Canyon Dr. I was really lagging about the time I hit the park, but I was able to pick it up along the main section of Palm Canyon. You know, I had to impress all the old folks with my blazing speed. After passing the main section of the strip, I started to feel shitty again. I didn't sleep great last night and I still have this lingering cold. I would have liked to not have run, but as I told Jilane, "you can't not run on the last day of the year or the first day of the year." However, on Jan. 1 of 2007 I didn't run. I was at the Rose Bowl and thought that if I sacrificed the first day of the year, I would have a healthy year. I was wrong and got that achilles injury in late April, early May.

No comments: