Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to Work

Time: 58:33
Distance: 8.16 miles
Pace: 7:10

It's time to get back to work as I got a new schedule from Jailhouse. Some of the workouts in the coming weeks are legit. I like what I see and all you loyal readers out there will be able to see me succeed or crash and burn. Today's morning run was a light 8 miler with Scotty and Meagan. We hit the familiar sites in Norman trying to find some shade. The weather is going to be the biggest obstacle in the coming weeks as the temperature has approached Africa. It's hot. It's humid. It's nearly impossible to get enough fluids during or after a run which can leave you sluggish. I hope some adaptation to the heat forms in the next two weeks so that I can still hit the times written in the workouts otherwise we might have to make a few adjustments.

No comments: