Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Jus' Running

Time: 67:07
Distance: 7.95 miles
Pace: 8:19
Map

It was take your girlfriend to work day. Meagan didn't have class tonight and wasn't on the schedule to work which meant she was my travel companion for the day. We first drove to Hickory, NC where I visited with Carol at Balega HQ. After a wonderful lunch at her husband's restaurant Youssef 242, she introduced me to the staff at Fleet Feet Hickory. We were running behind schedule but still had plenty of time to visit two accounts in Asheville.

I dropped in Foot Rx Running and ended my day at Jus' Running. I wanted to finish up with Norm and Jane at Jus' Running because earlier in the day I called and asked if they had a training group this evening. Most store training groups that meet after the shop closes for the night run four, maybe five miles. Not these guys. They were lacing them up for a solid eight. Shit.

I wasn't concerned about pace but eight miles on the dark roads of Asheville? Let's run. Meagan and I ran with Norm, Jay (who is also the Ultimate Direction rep), Jay's wife, and a guy who recently won the local 5k. I could look up his name in the result, but I'm feeling lazy. It was a nice run and we got to see parts of downtown which was hopping on this Wednesday night.

Meagan turned back early but the fellas and me ventured on. I learned a lot from Norm and Jay about the running community and other local business. This is definitely a group that I will plan future work related activities with.

No comments: