Saturday, November 20, 2010

White Rock Loops

Time 117:43
Distance: ~18 miles
Loop 1: 61:43
Loop 2: 56:00

It wasn't a great day to be out on White Rock Lake, but when you're in Dallas almost necessary to run the rock. It's also one of the few good places to put in miles in Dallas. Meagan and I ran a loop together and recounted our relay team race a few years ago. The wind was blowing good and hard which is normal this time of the year. Mr. Allen Strickland will soon learn what I'm talking about when he comes to Dallas to race.

I dropped Meagan off back at the car and then I ventured out for another loop. I made a quick change in footwear from a pair of Li-Ning's to my Karhu Forward Rides because the low heel vamp was bugging my achilles ever so slightly. I didn't really start picking up the pace until the wind was at my back and then I let it rip. I wasn't running with Mr. Garmin, but my guess is that I was clicking off sub-5:40s during sections. I figured if I were feeling good, to just roll with it and hammer away.

No comments: