Sunday, August 26, 2012

Battle Road Long Run

Time: 141:20
Distance: 32.03 km
Pace: 4:25/km
Map

Where to start? How about from today and start working backwards. My hope is to crush out some blog posts that will hopefully get me close to being fully updated. That will take a lot of work. I would probably just run 32k or 20 miles, whatever comes first like I did this morning.

This morning Meagan and I met up with a crew in Lexington's Battle Road. Important stuff happened there in April like a really long time ago. Something about these guys in red coats and rebels. The rebels won which is usually not who you root for, but in this case it was a good thing. The group consisted of Meagan, Emily, Jenn D, Terry Shea who is definitely not Carly Shea and Kevin the Irishman. In similar fashion to my former teammate Eamonn O'Connor, Kevin the Irishman just took off three weeks from running when he returned home to party. So typical.

I felt good and managed to log the run without dragging despite not eating dinner last night. It's a bit of a long story that I won't go into but it involved soda which I never drink, beer which I often drink and Wii. I finished up the final 10k mainly with Emily who is crushing workouts and looking fit in prep for the Toronto Marathon this fall. Maybe it's Ottawa.

No comments: