Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Indian Canyons Golf Course

Time: 79:21
Distance: 11.42 miles
Pace: 6:57
Splits: 8:11, 7:44, 7:32, 6:57, 7:22, 7:22, 7:03, 6:42, 6:39, 6:03, 5:28, 2:19 (for .42 miles or 5:28 pace)

This evening's run started running south past Koffi and I was hoping to head up the canyon but Meagan had to make a pitstop near some apartments. We didn't find a bathroom in the lobby but spotted on out on the golf course that was (a) closed, (b) a terrible course or (c) I don't have anything for "c" but I like 3s. I'm trying to say that the course was quiet which gave us the opportunity to run around the fairways and keep the surface soft. I ran with Meagan back to the house, grabbed my headlamp and took my self-proclaimed "World's Best Potato Salad" out of the fridge.

The second part of the run was in the dark and I wanted to squeeze the pace down a bit. I looped around for another 4 or 5 miles near the Indian Canyons Golf Resort. There wasn't too much action on the streets tonight but it was good that I had my geeky headlamp. As I ran north on S. Palm Canyon drive the cars were coming up pretty quick so I flipped the light around to the back and illuminated my backside. I think this worked as I heard cars switching lanes over the bumps in the road. The 5:28 mile was not run on purpose but I was feeling good and the road is slightly downhill which helped the cause. The legs are feeling good and I think there is going to be a workout tomorrow.

As a side note I made dinner tonight and hoped to make the aforementioned "World's Greatest Potato Salad." It was decent but certainly not the best, I'll have to go back and change some things. I was hoping that the mashed potatoes were key to making it the best, but you could hardly tell that they were added first.

No comments: