Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Himalayan Adventure

Time: 43:47
Distance: 6 miles

Tonight I went on a run with Scotty D. and Holly from Holly's pad. We headed out Hwy. Symmes and hit up campus with some loops around the track. Nothing occurred during the run worth noting other than the wind. It was pretty real. The final few minutes of my run this morning witnessed the arrival of a northern front that stuck around all day. Tonight the wind was strong out of the north which made running east/west pleasant, and north/south a push/pull type of thing.

We topped off the evening with our 'sticking trip to Himalayas Indian restaurant/buffet. I've heard the Himalayas are where the earth and sky meet. Holly and I had never been to the restaurant before and I'm glad we chose to venture away from some of our other mainstays. I was surprised the naan, chicken tikka masala, paneer, dal, rice and more had a good amount of flavor. Sometimes restaurants in Oklahoma that serve food other than burgers, pizza or steak, dumb down the flavor so that it's not as intense. This may have been partly the case, but overall Himalayas served a great meal for our group of 6.

No comments: