Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lovely Sunday

Run #1 Time: 41:15
Distance: 5 miles

Run #2 Time: 30:51 (run in several sections)
Distance: 4 miles

I checked the weather on my phone this morning and was delighted to see that it was cold but not windy. I quickly changed into my running costume and was out the door for a bit of a shakeout. When I hit the downstairs I saw a local running coming up Main St. and decided to join him. I'm a bit embarrassed that I have forgotten the guy's name because I've sold him shoes several times in the past. He's an assistant principal at Norman High and also a bit of a triathlete. He was out for his long run at about an 8 minute clip. I wasn't looking to go far but ended up getting just over 41 minutes. This afternoon I was planning on joining Scotty over at the HES lab for his VO2 max test and perhaps convince the graduate students to hook me up too. Since the scheduled time for the test was moved until Monday I sat an excessively good amount of time at Winans. I read some articles, watched an episode of 24 (show is past the point of being realistic. It's now reached Steven Segal levels. Nothing a little bit of RAM can't fix.), and bought some bread down at Forward Foods.

The weather continued to be nice into the afternoon so I went home and strapped on the LunarTrainers. Granted I threw my trusty pair of SuperFeet into them and headed out the door. A few minutes later I was at the OU track and was hopeful that someone was doing a workout. I snooped around the indoor facility a bit and then decided to do some drills outside. Aldwyn Sappleton showed up at some point with a workout slated in the sun. He was to do 2 x 500-300-200-100 at 52 second pace. I had nothing better to do than wait around for him to warm up and get started on the workout.

He split 68, (3:00), 40.6, (1:30), 27.6, (60), 13.9, (12 minutes recovery) and then 69, (3:00), 42.2, (1:31), 30.0, (60), 14.1. It wasn't a great workout but definitely solid for an 800m guy with a pr of 1:47.

After the workout I jogged over to Kristi's/Boone's and caught up with the recently crowned All-American. Boone placed 10th at NCAAs over the weekend and had one of the fastest finishes of the group. Too bad he was already at the back of the pack and really couldn't make up too much ground. Great race nonetheless.

My legs felt good on all segments of the run.

Shout out to Pat Tarpy who ran 63:27 today at the New Bedford Half Marathon. Scroll down to see #79 too. Nice work for the both of them

3 comments:

Coste said...

That's Dr. #79 to you!

Tarpy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tarpy said...

"nothing a gigabyte of ram can't fix" beep bop beep boop beep
under seige 2, so good