Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hamilton Woods

Time: 75:14
Distance: 14.17 km
Pace: 5:21/km
Map

I drove up to Hamilton this morning to meet up with the Karhu and Craft GM and his buddy. They have been meeting most Saturday's for runs in the Hamilton Woods and trails. It was my intention to arrive about 30-45 minutes early so that I could get in some distance on the roads beforehand, but I actually was able to sleep until 7:00 this morning. I only had about 15 minutes to log 3-4km before linking up with the guys.

We headed off across the park where Gabe's Run is held and ventured into the trails. It was a little difficult to maintain footing on the icy and snowy trails, but I managed to stay bipedal. The pace was gentle but it didn't seem too slow given the terrain. The conversation was good and covered an array of topics including shows like Portlandia and Homeland, the running biz, local restaurants and skiing. It would be useful coming back more times and learning the trails better for this spring and summer.

No comments: