Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a New Year

Time: 42:25
Distance: 10.05 km
Pace: 4:13/km
Map

It's a new year and time to start blogging again. I have neglected the OK Runner for many months now, but will make a point to start posting regularly as I get back into shape. I'm currently healthy and have been running 60-80 miles a week for the past couple of months. After being dropped by Meagan twice in one day, I was able to pace her through 14 miles of the Philadelphia Marathon. My running since her race has predominantly consisted of easy runs with the occasional day of strides. I don't have any immediate goals for 2013 other than to gain fitness and start racing a bit in the spring. I would like to run a marathon this year and drop the PR of 2:24:46 to the low 2:20s.

Today's run was rather low key back in Salem after a fun NYE with friends in Charlotte. The trip to North Carolina for Caitlin and Garrett's wedding was great. Being able to run with members of the Charlotte Running Club I think made Meagan and I miss the city even more. My legs have been feeling a little sluggish and given the amount of holiday eating and drinking, it was nice running short. If the weather stays nice   this week and the ice continues to melt, I'll consider doing something a little more uptempo.

It's good to be (b)logging runs again.

No comments: