Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bike Double

Time: 60 mins
Distance: 20 miles

I spent most of the day moving the rest of my stuff into Logan's old room and throwing stuff away while watching the Olympics. The Argentina vs. Australia soccer match was competitive until the South Americans scored on a pretty volley in the second half. The female gymnastics lived up to its expectations and was terrible. I watched two consecutive U.S. athletes botch their respective routines on the bars. Nothing like achieving your athletic abilities at the age of 14. The best event of the night was surprisingly swimming. I respect the sport due to its similarities to running but I can't stand how an athlete set an Olympic Record in every race and a World Record in every other race. How is that possible to swim faster than anybody has ever swam before and casually step out of the pool with relaxed breathing and no sign of fatigue? Anyway, the men's 4 x 100m relay was an amazing battle between the U.S. and France. I won't tell you who won but as soon as it goes online I will link you to it.

The biking this evening was relatively uneventful. I took an X-Ray tablet which is glucosamina, condroitina and vitamina c according to the box. It is designed for el tratamiento y prevenciĆ³n de la osteoartritis. The hip remains in good spirits.

No comments: