Friday, August 1, 2008

Day Off

Time: none
Distance: none

I've managed to wake up pretty sore and tired from working the sidewalk sale. Carrying multiple boxes of shoes dozens of times and lifting our display tables is apparently harder than it sounds.

Late in the day Jimmy Robinson, his wife and kids came to the sale and bought some shoes. I made her a hell of a deal on a pair of adistar Cushions from like 2002 and a Glycerin 6. Both shoes were priced at $50 and she wanted to know which shoe was "better." I told her that the Glycerin had to be since it was newer, a good shoe and from Brooks. After 15 minutes she was still walking around with a different shoe on each foot and was convinced that the adidas shoe felt softer. I reemphasized that the Glycerin would be a better choice but she still like that Cushion, so I asked Craig what he thought. He agreed that the Brooks shoe "in theory" was softer, but the Cushion is pretty close and it would be a toss up. Considering I didn't want to be there all night... $60 for both. Done. Deal. Looks like adidas' technology from the turn of the century is up to par with Brooks' MoGo of 2006/7.

I mention this story for two reasons:
1. MoGo? More like NoGo.
2. Jimmy Robinson and his wife are physicaly therapists. He gave me his cell phone number and told him to give him a ring upon returning from Mexico. He briefly looked at my hip and didn't think it was my piriformis because it was too far to the front. More importantly, he said that if I wanted to take a more aggressive approach he could refer me to Dr. Jamie "James" Bond (no joke) who could give me an injection of cortisone, EPO or some other enhancer that they are not going to test at MCM.

3 comments:

Meagan Nedlo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan Nedlo said...

Don't try to commandeer the "MoGo? More like NoGo" saying as though you came up with it on your own. I remember hearing the morbidly obese Beast-wearing guy in the MCM booth shouting it at Claire like it was yesterday.

Jilane said...

1) I'd take any shot from a Dr. James Bond.

2) Drug testing? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I just hope for your sake MCM doesn't test for real Mexican tequila. It'll still be in your system in 10 weeks.