Sunday, August 10, 2008

Getting Back At It

Time: 49:21 (broken up into a pieces)
Distance: 7? miles

This morning I met Scotty D over at the OU track for his workout. Before setting out I was sure to pop a Celebrex, strap on my thigh brace and went at it. I was a little reluctant at first but by 7 mins I was feeling pretty solid. After meeting up with Scotty we jogged a bit around campus before hopping the fence at the track to stretch out. Scotty was planning on doing a hard 3k effort after a few 400m to open up the lungs. I kept myself busy with some lunges, situps and pushups while Scotty cut some shapes.

Dizzle's goal was to run the 3k with splits something like 3:10, 3:07, 3:05. His actual times were more like 3:06, 3:04, 3:06 and looked good while doing it, very relaxed and comfortable despite the wind and humidity. Afterward we jogged a few grass laps on the inside of the track before departing for our respective homes.

I am pleased to note that I ran home pain free.

No comments: