Saturday, August 9, 2008

Traveling Man

Time: none
Distance: none

This morning I got up and headed out to 5th Ave. to make some last purchases before going over to the spa for a massage and, dare I say, pedicure. I got what I needed from one of the few stores that were opened and then had enough time to go get Whit and take the shuttle to the Spa & Golf Course part of the resort. The massage was relaxing but pretty soft focusing on my back and arms. Afterward I went to the hydrotherapy room for a sauna, wet sauna, jacuzi and cold bath. I took the time to stretch out well hoping that my hip would loosen up in the warmth. During this time I downed 3 glasses of chlorophyll which is apparently supposed to cure everything that ails you. I hope it cures my hip and doesn't have adverse effects when combined with Celebrex which I started taking today. I was tempted to paint my toenails black, but opted not to as time was ticking until my noon departure for the airport.

My family met me down at the hotel lobby and a few pictures were snapped with the kiddos before departing on a van to the airport 4.5 hours early. I was in the van with a couple from North Carolina who had also lived in Arkansas and a family from Texas. I didn't say anything and let them assume that with my browned skin that I wasn't English speaking. I think it worked because they didn't ask me to take part in their conversation about pronunciating words so that the bar tender brings "coconut rum" and not a "coke and rum."



Before boarding the plane I was able to peruse the duty free shops but didn't make any purchases other than a bag of oreos to get rid of my pesos. Of note, when we arrived 100 pesos was equal to about $10 pesos but on our last few days 100 pesos was more like $9.50. Anyway, after a few hours wandering around and managing to get on the internet after an overpriced beer at Bumba Gump Shrimp the family arrived for one last hurrah. We toasted to next year, had one last beer and I was off back to the U.S. in desperate need to start running again otherwise this marathon thing might be a disaster.

No comments: