Saturday, August 2, 2008

¡Viva Mexico!

Time: none
Distance: none

Today I flew to Mexico with a quick layover in Houston, TX. The flight was uneventful, but I invited Meagan's co-worker Gabe to challenge me in a race on the tarmac. He never showed, so I'll take that as a victory.

After arriving in Cancun it took 30+ mins to get through customs. Luckily I didn't get detained and just before walking up to the counter I spotted Dave. Earlier in the week I mentioned that I would see them at the airport, either at the bar or detained in customs. Since I made it through customs I had to find a bar. There was a tiki looking hut outside with a man pouring drinks so I ordered a Negra Modelo and walked around drinking and looking for the family. I was waiting for quite some time and ordered another round, but luckily the family came soon and we were off to Playacar Palace.

We got to the hotel in the evening and had dinner downstairs at the Mexican buffet. It was the first time I had eaten that day so I took advantage. The tequila shots weren't that bad either...

No comments: