Tuesday, August 12, 2008

NHS Time Trial

Time: 48:44
Distance: 6-7 miles

I headed out the door this morning way too early to meet Scott D at the track because Norman H.S. was running a time trial. We had run into Suzy Rojas, the high school xc coach, on Sunday and she let us know about the workout which perked our interest. I ran about 15 minutes upon arriving at the track and then I stood around and stretched before Scotty showed up. When he arrived he was immediately haggled about not running with the team but he had just woken up and was not prepared to get out there.

Parker Bowles is Norman's top high school runner and he took the pace out with a 71, came through the mile in 5:04 and held on to run two miles in 10:06ish. It was a solid performance and he looks to be in decent form for the coming season. After the workout I ran a few laps on the track with the team and then departed for home which brough the total time to just under 50 minutes. The run was very easy as I'm just trying to build some confidence so that I can resume training as soon as possible.

No comments: