Monday, March 28, 2011

Let Me Run Begins

Time: 32:03
Distance: ~4 miles

Today was the first practice of the spring Let Me Run session. Melissa Bell, Bob Nixon and I are the trusty running leaders for a group of 14 boys. When I started coaching last year the school only had 8 or 9 kids sign up and program almost didn't happen. It's cool to see the young enthusiasm for the sport and witness how much faster most of the kids have gotten.

Once practice was done I met Meagan along the bike path to catch some extra miles for the day. We ran a bit with one of the Queens University female athletes. When we were done we drove over the Dr. Greenapple's office where he worked on Meagan IT band and my neck. He cracked the shit out of the upper back and neck and I left with a greater range of motion.

No comments: