Saturday, September 1, 2007

Brookhaven Run


Time: 82:38
Distance: 11-12 miles

W/u with Jeff in 23:33 on the course. Ran a few light strides before making my way over to the start line for introductions. The race featured Mathew Chesang (Kansas State), Mindaguas Pukstas (SMU and OSU), Joe Gray (OSU), Jeff Gaudette (Brown), Sean McCabe (OSU), and a few others. Tom planned on me running an even paced race with potential splits of 2:55-2:57 for the K's.

The shotgun was blasted and we were off. My left ear was ringing for the first 800m b/c I was only a few meters away from the starter and that shotty was deafening. I ran in the chase group of Joe, Jeff and Mike Brashears (OSU). I was roughly 2:58, 5:55, 8:56, 12:56, 14:54. Jeff, Joe and I were trading leads from about 2k on. Whoever felt good at the moment moved to the front of the group and kept the pace honest. Joe made a solid move with 600 to go and finished hard down the stretch. Results here.


C/d with Scotty D., John Mulholland, Jerry Faulkner and Jack Tracy for 26:31 on the course. Later ran 17:40 more with Jeff after he finished his workout.

Ended up with a pay day of $150 or about 70 quid.

No comments: