Thursday, September 27, 2007

Westheimer Workout

Time: 84:38
Distance: 12-13 miles

W/up 26:59 from the Lodge out to the GT. Stopped to stretch just lightly at the pillar just off Robinson St. Tom advised me to get in something like 5 x 2 mins on/2 mins off.
I did just that starting near the pillar and heading north towards the YMCA and then hooked a left to head west. Got in 4 intervals on the roads around the GT before heading out Robinson. On the rest after the 4th interval I went to scratch my ear and my earring popped out. I had to stop and look for it, but couldn't find it. I continued on to finish the last interval in anger with the wind at my back. I was running pretty hard given the extra rest, being pissed off and being wind aided. Luckily, I found the earring on my way back past the spot where it popped off. Total run time of the workout ended up being 29:17 (on/off, plus a bit of a short c/d back to the pillar).
C/d 28:22 back to the Lodge on the route that runs past Norman HS.

No comments: