Friday, September 7, 2007

East Lindsey

Time: 71:26
Distance: 11 miles

Woke up and got out the door early. Headed out E. Lindsey to get on some hills. Just wanted to gradually warm up and let the legs and terrain dictate the pace. Wasn't looking to push the pace at any point. I think I roughly hit splits of 14:25 (36th St.), 21:00 (48th St.), 27:33 (60th St.), 33:52 (72nd St.). When I was heading down the hill past 72nd, I spotted a dog with its tongue hanging out. When I turned around it started to follow and I just figured it would stop when we came across its driveway. By the time I hit 72nd again he was committed to continuing on. I hit splits of: 6:17, 6:18, 6:20 for the next three miles. The dog was right there the whole time. It almost made it to 24th but it tired and I threw in a surge so I wouldn't have to find it a home, call the pound, or kick it to the curb. Hit my last two miles in 5:59 and 5:36. It was a shame to leave it so far from home, but I'm sure it's fine b/c it was incredibly aware of passing vehicles. Every time a car came up from behind, it would slow down and make sure to get over to the shoulder of the road.

No comments: