Thursday, September 6, 2007

GT Workout

Time: 86:24
Distance: 13 miles

Ran from the Lodge out to the grass track (GT) at a very slow pace. W/u 28:38. Didn't want to step out the door this morning and get on that grass. It rained last night and the air was thick. Loosened up a bit by the time I got to the GT. Ran two strides. Considering the rain and the grass being a touch thicker I decided to slow down the workout a touch from Tom's wishes.

Target: 4 miles @ 5:10 pace.
Adjusted: 4 miles @ 5:15 pace.

Hit splits of: 5:15.38, 5:19.72, 5:19.87, 5:13.72 = 21:08.69

Wasn't exactly what I was looking for. The wind was blowing out of the south. Excuses, excuses. Hit the first split fine but after that I just couldn't dial in the pace. I was using the 1200m loop + 400m loop. On the last one I used the first 400m b/c the wind was at my back and I was able to turn in a 73 last split.

C/d with Scott Hollingsworth and Smittyburg back towards their houses before I continued on to Brooks, through campus and home.

No comments: