Friday, March 21, 2008

Corn Dog

Time: 61:14
Distance: ~9 miles

Ran with Owen from Jilane's in the morning. We headed across Hwy 9 and looped by past Scotty D's before heading straight along Pickard St. We hit a split of 6:36 from Imhoff to Lindsey and then continued on past Norman High School where a tragic accident had just occurred. Near the parking lot a back of approximately (according to my "Rainman" skills) 75 corn dogs had been spilled. They were littered all over the place. While I'm not a big fan of corn dogs, Owen told me that if Hanley had been on the run we might have lost him at that point. The spill might have been enough to derail Hanley's training... again.

Oburn and I finished up running back along the bike path. I was feeling sexy and decided to shed the shirt. It's a little disappointing when you don't get any whistles while running. I take that back. There was one whistle, but it was from the train. Somehow I don't think that counts.

No comments: