Sunday, March 2, 2008

Windy Long Run

Time: 100:03
Distance: ~16 miles

I wasn't looking forward to this run because a storm is moving in and the winds were blowing around 30 mph. It wasn't too cold yet as the wind was coming out of the south, but it's never a good sign when the leaves on the ground are blowing past faster than you can run. I started by running out near Irving Middle School, then looped down past the Lloyd Noble Center where a women's bball was finishing up. I headed over to Scotty D's 'hood and ran up Pickard where I split 6:13 for the mile. I made a loop through campus, out Jenkins, over Main St. and back Pickard again. I tried to stay in the neighborhoods where the wind was less noticeable. I had to add on by running the same loop by IMS at the end of the run to get to 100 minutes.

No comments: