Monday, March 3, 2008

Double Run

Time: 37:09
Distance: 5.5 miles

The wind was no better in the evening. In fact, there were tornadoes about 40 miles northwest of Norman. I'm not sure where it touched down. I'm just thankful I don't live in a double wide. Speaking of double wides, it's been quite some time since I've seen my favorite church (and Tom's). It's located just across the street from the entrance to the Lake Thunderbird (a.k.a. Dirtybird) trails. The beautiful piece of architecture resembles a 1980's, dilapidated double wide with rust stains. Definitely from the Renaissance Era.

The run was pretty standard. I stopped by the indoor track to pick up my orange jacket from the bottom of a trash can. I hid it there on Saturday after my workout when it was too hot to run home. While I was there I got to chat with Coach Martin Smith about the Big 12's. The team didn't perform particularly well and I'm glad I wasn't on the plane with good ol' Marty. Check out the biased recap.

I finished the rest of the run on Brooks to Pickard and back Boyd St. Simple stuff.

No comments: