Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tempo Run

Time: 67:13
Distance: 11 miles
Map

After work and class I started my warm up from Parson's street. I ran to the indoor track and then headed out to the corner of Pickard St. and Imhoff which took 25:08. Tom wanted me to do a 5 mile tempo run with each mile quicker than the previous. I was pretty tired so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I threw on my flats and tried to get excited.

Target: 5 mile tempo dropping pace. Go through 4 miles in 20:50, run last mile in 4:50
Splits: 5:13.5, 1:16, 5:10.1, 9:02.9, 4:55.7 for 25:38 total.

I felt pretty solid throughout. The sun was setting as I was just starting so I thought it might be difficult to judge pace. I check my half mile split as I ran past Timberdell and it said 2:46, not sure if I was seeing things but that is way too slow. I still went through the mile in 5:13, which would mean my next 800 was 2:27. I don't think that happened. I mapped out this course so I would have the wind at my back the first and last miles. At some point the wind changed and it was in my face the final stretch. It felt good to get rolling the final mile. Overall I'll take it.

C/d 16:27 easy back to the car.

No comments: