Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ouch!

Time: 36:00
Distance: 5 miles

Set out on Long Campus Loop to put in a little morning jog. We are
suppose to be hit with a snow storm sometime today. I didnt feel like
working out this morning and thought it would be better to do inside
after work. The run was going well. A little cold. A little windy.

As I was coming back on Brooks there were two dogs sitting on a porch.
I briefly glanced to my left to check out what they were doing. Well,
my glare must have really pissed the big dog off because he
immediately jumped up and started after me. I've had dogs chase me
before and usually they stop after I have run out of their territory.
This one didn't. I'm certain that I've seen this guy before and
previously he has given me no problems. But today he chased me really
close and wasn't letting up. As he was running and barking just off my
left hip, I turned to see how serious he was acting. Then he lunged
and bit my left outer leg. See photo. Good stuff right? I went back
and woke up the dog's owner. The man was surprised that the dog was
even out and that he has never done this before. Right. Anyway, the
owner said that he was fully vacinated and then apologized. I'm hoping
I don't start foaming at the mouth today.

4 comments:

Jilane said...

you should write a column on this.

okay, so, i have a one track mind...

Owen said...

You're uninvited to Austin until after your 4 week quarantine.

Anonymous said...

on your next run by that dog, bring a hockey stick and show it you know how to play

nick

Anonymous said...

You should seriously consider coming home to California. The dogs are more mellow here.