Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ghost or Smurf Run

Time: 58:34
Distance: ~8 miles

I thought about getting up earlier and running in Myrtle Beach again, but I never found a great spot to put in miles. Instead I hung out with family and packed up all my stuff for the drive to Charleston. I found a state park between MB and Chucktown that I thought would be an ideal location to get in a long run. However, on the drive I reached out to Mike Moran who was still in Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run. He has a pretty good night out at the Windjammer and was willing to go 5-8 miles. It was a little shorter than I wanted but it would be good to catch up.

We ran from the rental property right on the beach to the Wild Dunes side of the Isles of Palms. It wasn't a particularly fantastic course, but it was fun to be so close to the beach. Mike aka Ghost had to excuse aspects of our running costumes. I wore a pair of the Brooks Adrenaline 11 and he sported a blue on blue New Balance short/shirt combo. I was being lame for wearing one of the most popular shoes in the business and he looked like a smurf.

No comments: