Thursday, April 7, 2011

UVA Double

Time: 55:22
Distance: ~8 miles

I arrived in Charlottesville, VA just in time for my 3:15 appointment with Peace Frog's Travel. They were wanting to take a look at the Fall '11 line up off bags which I tossed in my car before leaving. (I should also note that before leaving for Charlottesville, I placed a big order for Nuun at Inside-Out Sports. They will be receiving all the new flavors soon: Lemonade-Strawberry (the bomb!), Fruit Punch, Grape, Tropical & Sweet Tea). The showing was simple and easy which allowed me to hit up the Panera in the Barracks' Road Shopping Center. I booked a room at cheapest hotel I could find and dropped my gear to get suited up for a run.

I ran about a mile to the UVA campus which is pretty cool considering it was largely designed by Thomas Jefferson. I have been to Charlottesville before but didn't get a chance to explore the campus. I ran through some of the greens and around old buildings trying to get a feel for the school. The weather was amazing and students were out playing games, cooking burgers and enjoying college life. I eventually found a small bike path and some trails that I thought would lead me back to Emmett St. After realizing I was headed off in the wrong direction I turned and started heading back through a neighborhood before having to ask some dude for directions. It was good that I did because I was still slightly off course and had a couple miles to run before getting back to the hotel. By the time I was done I got in close to 8 miles which was a little more than I was intending but I felt great.

No comments: