Friday, April 1, 2011

Inside Double

Time: 33:30
Distance: ~5 miles

Given the length and speed of the run this morning, I wanted to get in a double run. It was windy and I was feeling like a wuss so I hit the treadmill. I haven't been on the treadmill in months and I really didn't have a good excuse to jump on it today. I usually don't enter all the prerequisite data that fancy devices ask for, but I did today. Sometimes you just gotta be adventurous.

I ran easy for about 3 miles at just over a 7 minute average and then I increased the tempo to 5:40 pace for a mile. It sucked. Running fast on a treadmill feels at least 30 seconds faster. My cadence wasn't terribly high (84) but it felt like I was sprinting. I cooled down for a mile at a 6:18 pace and called it a day. I couldn't handle it any longer which makes me wonder if this guy is sane.