Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Should Rep Honey Stinger

Time: 65:22
Distance: ~9.5 miles

I got out the door late in the morning and ran out and back along Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach. I was feeling pretty good and the pace picked up the last half of the run. Somewhere around the 7 mile mark, just as I was running near a grassy field, I felt a sharp pain up under the left side of my glasses. I heard a buzz and felt a ricochet which caused me to immediately fling off the sunglasses. I stopped and looked around but couldn't see the culprit, but knew that I had been stung by a bee. I've been stung while running before, but never in the face. By the time I got back to the resort my face didn't hurt anymore and I couldn't see a stinger. Good thing I'm not allergic as it now gave an uneventful run something for me to write about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I got stung in the face, I would die.