Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Uptown Double

Time: 60:00
Distance: ~8 miles

Jay texted me this afternoon to see if I was interested in running from the Dowd YMCA at 6 pm. I got my gear together and met up with him, Michelle, Dave and Thomas for a run over to the bike path starting near The Burger Co. and ending at Ray's Splash Planet. I actually felt really good putting in the hour of running this evening and especially liked running through Uptown. Thomas is running the Museum Mile on Saturday and wanted to check out the course. We ran back down to near 11th/12th St. and then all the way up Tryon. I was tempted to grab a beer off one of the patio tables at Rock Bottom Brewery and just enjoy it right there in the street. If I were eating dinner, enjoying the spring weather and a runner came up, snagged my beer and chugged right in front of me, I'd think that much more of runners. I'd then buy him another one.

No comments: