Sunday, February 24, 2008

Long Bobcat

Time: 100:15
Distance: ~17 miles

Got out the door later than normal b/c I was waiting for the weather to improve. The wind died down around 1 pm and the temperature hovered around 45 degrees. I started out knowing I had to push the pace for a portion of the run. Tom wanted me to drop some 5:30s the last few miles. I figured that the grid system would work well out east of town. I threw an add on in the middle of the run by first running through campus and turning left on Pickard. Ran a 6:15 mile a little over 3 miles into the run and I was feeling good. I made my way past the golf course, crossed Hwy 9 and headed out to the back roads. I started taking mile splits from 24th, to 48th, to 60th, the two miles over to Lindsey and then the 3 miles back into town. I hit splits of 5:42.94, 5:35.77, 5:38.43, 5:32.19, 5:31.22, 5:45.81, 5:52.25, 5:45.95. I tried to let the terrain dictate the pace. If there was a hill I maintained form, if it was flat I didn't try to press and if it was downhill I let my legs turnover. I was fairly relaxed until I turned back into the slight breeze on Lindsey which is where the miles are gradually more uphill. Pleased with how this run turned out.

No comments: