Saturday, February 16, 2008

Markham Trails

Time: 65:35
Distance: 10 miles

Started out at the hotel in F'ville and ventured out in the cold and rain. I opted not to run the workout this morning b/c the weather isn't conducive to running fast. Tom wants me to run a 1k (2:35), 800 (2:02), 600 (1:30), 400 (59), 200 (28) all with 4 mins rest. It will be a great workout, but not today. I ran up past the track around the time when the Freezing 5k & 10k was getting ready to start. Last year at this time, Jilane and I were unsuccessful at getting into the Tyson Invite, and instead we opted to run this little road race. It wasn't much to write home about, but two trophies are sitting above my tv.

The run on the trails was fine. Christin Wurth-Thomas was out there with a few male training partners. She was clipping the pace along. I'm sure she was excited after her performance last night where she ran 4:27 for the mile. My legs were feeling pretty fresh since I haven't had a workout in a few days.

1 comment:

Jilane said...

Man, those were the glory days. Sweeping the Fayettenam Freezing 10k/5k. How could I have forgotten about my bling??