Monday, September 22, 2008

Almost a Runner...

Time: 69:19
Distance: ~10 miles

Yesterday evening I made the commitment to meet up with Scott Hollingsworth along Brooks street shortly after 8 am. Meagan and I awoke to an early alarm and made it out the door after watching FloTrack's coverage of the 5th Avenue Mile. (It's pretty sweet check it out). We headed out of the Lodge and down onto Brooks where we met up with Holly just west of the train tracks. When we came to the intersection of Brooks and Jenkins we had a key decision to make...left? right? or straight? Holly mentioned that running through campus was packed, so we opted to not go straight. Right would take us up to the GT and North Base while left would take us south on the same loop Meagan and I always run. Since she enjoys mundane runs, we hung a left (mainly b/c there is a bathroom along that route) and proceeded down Jenkins and over the dirt path to Chautauqua. Near the turn we three ran into Stephen Pile who was out for a 20 miler. We recently met in OK Runner when he was picking up his packet for the Brookhaven Run. Stephen is running the Chicago Marathon in a few weeks and was getting in 150 minutes of running. If I had known earlier, or had his phone number Meagan would have been able to run with him.

Anyway, we dropped Holly off at Symmes and continued back towards the train tracks. I was dropped off at the Lodge just under 70 minutes where Meagan took a Clif shot and some water before heading back out for another 60 minutes. I stretched and did some situps to strengthen my hip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh the shame of being dumped for another "scott," my whole world has come crashing down around me. Other people opting to do Monday morning 20 milers and run Chicago. Is this Bizarroworld?