Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Game Day!

Time: 52:30
Distance: 7.80 miles
Pace: 6:44

I woke up actually excited to run because today is game day and running through campus on a morning like this is fun. I ran in towards campus, as I normally do along Brooks, and was surprised to see that there were still parking spots available. The Soonermobile bus thing that would be an embarrassment to drive if you weren't from Oklahoma or a huge OU fan was stationed in its standard location near the train tracks. I wanted to bring my phone to snap some photos beforehand but forgot just as I ran out the door. Words will not do justice to the mural/airbrushed work on the back portion of the bus depicting former OU coach and legendary Norman, OK resident Barry Switzer barking orders from the sideline. As if that couldn't be outdone, right beside Barry is the coach Bob Stoops looking rather like a bulldog.

The rest of run was rather uneventful as I continued down Jenkins and cut across near C.O.R.C.S. to Chautauqua ran back near the OU law school and back in through campus and home. Early afternoon games provide for better morning runs through campus because the barbecue smokers are already going versus today when they were just being set up for a 6 pm kick off. The #2 ranked Sooners play some joke of a school down near Dallas and if they win they will most likely be ranked #1 since the USC Trojans got smoked by a bunch of pussies...I mean Beavers.

No comments: