Monday, September 1, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Time: ~35 mins (untimed)
Distance: 4-5 miles

Today marks the one year anniversary of my blog. Yay! I celebrated by actually running. I ran from my apartment to Campus Corner to check and see if Buchanan's Bikes or Take Five were open. Neither were so I ran to the track and did some drills before heading home. The hip didn't feel too bad. Actually it felt pretty good. I think I have some new insight on it though. It might be a result of weak abs or a strained lower abdomen. I really don't know what I'm talking about but when I go and see the PT on Weds. I will ask him about it. I also found this article that popped up in my RSS feed suggesting it has relevant material to my interests.

A year ago today I started with a post about the Brookhaven Run. I wish I could say that I was as fit if not fitter than I was then, but unfortunately I cannot. I am still hurt with a nagging hip injury that I can't shake. My immediate goal is to get healthy and then work back into steady, respectable mileage.

Some things about blogging about running:
  1. nobody reads it unless it's your mom behind the screen
  2. it's easier to blog when you are healthy and actually running
  3. it probably won't get you a job
  4. pictures help
  5. nobody reads it
The blog has been fun and a relatively good use of my time. I have had the opportunity to run in some pretty sweet locations including Tokyo, Izumo, Mexico (kinda), Palm Springs, Providence, Atlanta, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Rosa and Cincinnati.

No comments: