Thursday, September 18, 2008

Latest and Greatest

Time: Meh
Distance: Trial of miles...

My recent running has taken a turn for the better as I have been able to put in 30-45 minutes of easy mileage for the past week. I have been incorporating more lower ab work to my routine in hopes that it will strengthen my iliopsoas. I had been reading a lot more about hip injuries and learned about this iliopsoas business rather late in my recovery phase. There is a lot of information on the Internet about hip injuries but none of it is too helpful. From what I can surmise is that there is so much going on in there that any one little element can cause pain. My hip pain has become more localized and I know believe I have iliopsoas tendinitis (aka snapping hip syndrome, aka dancer's hip syndrome).

Now that I am running a touch more I will begin to start blogging more. Hopefully... I had to clear my watch that contained some runs with Meagan that last time she was in town. Since, that was weeks ago it just goes to show how poor my running has become.

On another note, Mike DeCoste '04 has started a training blog which can be found in the training blogs column of my page. I first met Mike on my recruiting trip to Brown the fall of my senior year of high school. He was one of my hosts for that weekend and is largely responsible for me attending Brown. Not really, but we'll let him think that. Actually, Eamonn O'Connor is the reason I went to Brown, mainly b/c I couldn't understand a word he said all weekend. I also was able to spend a few days out in Eugene the summer after my senior year with DeCoste and a crew of other Brown dudes (not skintone). We had a great time which is why a few summers later a group of guys returned to Tracktown, USA. That certainly is a Boring Story of Glory Days.

No comments: