Friday, September 19, 2008

OU Track Time

Time: ~38-39 mins
Distance: 6 miles

This morning I drove over to the OU track where I met Meagan for her workout of 6 x 1.5 miles in 6:15-6:20. Since I didn't want to put too many miles on my hip too early, I decided not to warm up and just start running on her first interval. It felt a little odd having to run 6:15 pace off the line but after 300m I was good to go. Our splits for the first 4 were:
9:23 (6:17 at the mile), 9:28 (6:17), 9:24 (6:17), 9:18 (6:10).

She had 4 minutes of jogging rest between intervals but I opted to do situps instead. Overall, the workout went well. My hip felt good, Meagan ran fast and I caught the bus barely on time. My fastest interval of the morning included a 300m spring from the track to the corner of Brooks and Jenkins to catch the bus to OK Runner. I was hauling ass with my sandals and backpack on, but I managed to maintain my form and flag Rick the Busman down.

No comments: