Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OK Runner Classic

Time: 27:26
Distance: >3 miles

In the middle of the afternoon Gus ran me over to Irving Middle School for the OK Runner Classic. I think this was the second year the store has been host to the cross country meet. Ironically, IMS is only a short walk from my apartment which came in handy afterwards as Scotty D and I enjoyed a few scoops and Chinese food before calling it a night.

Backing up for a second, Tim was the man in charge of the meet and the store's only goal for him was to not have things fucked up. Before going to events like these where OK Runner has some responsibility in timing our only goal is often to simply not eff things up. Today wasn't one of those days (one where we eff things up) which was nice. Tim did a good job and there weren't any complaints that I heard.

Scotty D had a good time driving the lead vehicle (gator) with his sidekick Gene Groff riding alongside. I was in charge of taking pull tags at the end of the hs boys/girls races which meant I didn't really have to work except for the 5 minutes during the cluster finish. Fortunately, when there were two races to go I asked Tim what needed to be done and he informed me that we were covered so I decided to go for a run. I put in a few miles on the course which was just cut into the wild grass in a large pasture/field. My legs felt good, but I felt a little weird running during the 8th grade girls mile race and 8th grade boys 2 mile race. The parents had a couple good comments about how big I was for an 8th grader. I should have told them I drank my milk as a youngster.

1 comment:

Meagan Nedlo said...

Would you like to elaborate on what type of beer you were enjoying? And who this beer might have belonged to?