Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Campus Loop

Time: 29:00
Distance: 4.32 miles
Pace: 6:44

Just got out the door and ran in through campus feeling decent. The legs were turning over nicely. I wimped out and opted to where a long sleeve shirt which I didn't really need after running for 10 minutes. Oh well.

As I was coming back along Boyd I neared Jenkins where I saw a bit of a commotion. An accident just had occurred involving some unlucky OU student riding his bike to campus and a rusty 1970s Ford truck. When I got there the student was still down on the edge of the street clutching his right leg. His bike had been tossed up on the sidewalk and his water bottle was displaced a few meters away. The driver was nice enough to stop and console the dude whom he hit, but I found it odd that it was necessary to bring out his two little white dogs that were ever so curious as to what just happened. The man was talking to the boy and asking him questions about where it hurt. He was clearly a little reluctant to handle the boy which I thought was smart from a legal standpoint.

There were several good samaritans on hand who offered to call the police and one gentleman was nice enough to stop and direct traffic. Take a look at Scotty's post about the bike community in Norman wanting to make it more "bike friendly." Yea, I think that is a good idea. At least when the shit does hit the fan people are willing to see the injured off to the hospital.

No comments: