Monday, October 6, 2008

Week in Review

Time: 432:50
Distance: 62.58

Got in some solid mileage this week and the body seems to be holding up well. I would like to do a better job post run with stretching and strengthening, but I have needed to do other things. My hip is doing well but I will need to monitor other parts of the body as they make the adjustment back to running.

I was able to test out a new shoe this week and found it to be a great. The Nike Lunatrainer is pretty different from what I'm used to and is a little radical in terms of shoe design. The shoe fits good and has a lot of surface contact with the road which disperses the energy upon landing. I'm interested in seeing how this shoe holds up over the weeks of training I hope to be doing shortly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good week- I'm not sure whether you care but I saw some info on trails outside of palm springs:

PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA This glitzy desert resort town offers more than a good game of golf. Drop $20 and hop on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway at 2643 feet and ride the rotating cars to the San Jacinto Wilderness Area (8516 feet). From there, run an 11-mile out-and-back through a forest of Jeffrey pines to see the sublime views from San Jacinto Peak's summit (10,834 feet).

Drink beers for me...

Unknown said...

thanks scotty. meagan was excited to make a trip to the top but i had to reign that idea in. i've been up to the top before and it's fun once.

we are currently in san diego and will need to start exploring the beer scene for you. get that wheel fixed so we can start training for something.