Friday, October 17, 2008

Brookhaven Double

Time: 39:07
Distance: ~6 miles

Gus worked at the Norman store today after his day off on Weds. and having to work a health fair at the capitol on Thurs. He ran 4 miles while I ran out to 60th before turning and heading back. A glance at my watch during the turn-around showed me that I was nearly 4 minutes faster on the way out than I was on Monday night. I was feeling good and just went with the pace and weather which was perfect. Gus and I estimated afterward that it was 68 degrees with no wind. As I approached 48th along Rock Creek I decided to throw in a single long surge up the hill. I wanted to open up the lungs and see what it would feel like. My turnover quickened and my arms followed suit for the ~2 min. effort. I tried to maintain form and by the time I hit the top of the hill I was pretty gassed but was feeling good. It was the first time I felt like I had pressed myself to the point of rigging up. The surge allowed me to catch Gus as we neared Robinson St. and since I threw in the hill I decided to shuffle back to the store with Gus through the parking lot.

No comments: