Saturday, October 18, 2008

Running to Work

Time: 42:35
Distance: 6.25 miles

I went to bed later than I had planned last night because I was messing around with my phone and knew that I was going to run to work in the morning with it. After getting everything worked out for the morning I went to bed but decided to watch a stand-up routine by Richard Pryor. Comedy Central apparently goes "R" rated after midnight and the jokes were unedited. The video isn't of the routine I watched, but it's still good.

In the morning I grabbed my phone, headphones and put some money in my water bottle and ran to work. The pace was nice and easy as I ran through campus while people were setting up their campers, rv's, barbecues and generators for the game this afternoon. The Sooners lost a helluva game to the Longhorns last weekend and they look to rebound this afternoon against the Jayhawks from Kansas. The run to the store was fine as I took the same route I've been using during the night runs home from work. It's a familiar route that isn't too busy with cars.

Craig managed to score tickets to the game via Nike and he will be leaving a touch earlier than usual but the store was quiet during most of the game. There was a period of time when Craig was gone and Gus was driving down from Edmond when I was working the floor solo when a few customers came in. It was all under control until Gus walked in with a costume that makes my jorts look like the next fashion trend. For a period of time he was even wearing a radio/headphone combo because the Cowboys game wasn't on tv and he had to listen to the game on the radio. It was quite the look and this picture doesn't do the costume justice, not to mention that Gustavo was speaking 30 decibles louder than usual because of those damn headphones.

Sweet Shoes Homer!

No comments: