Thursday, October 2, 2008

Morning Jaunt

Time: 41:46
Distance: 6.40 miles
Pace: 6:32

I was out the door early on a cool morning just as the sun was coming up to put in an easy jog. I ran in on Brooks and then continued through campus before hanging a left on Pickard. I didn't really have a route made up but I thought I would be able to put in about 40 minutes of running. The legs were feeling good and the streets were quiet which made for an enjoyable run. I got the pace clipping along and my splits were 7:16, 6:37, 6:35, 6:30, 6:15, 6:11. I returned to the Lodge, showered and caught the bus to the store. I had three goals for the day: (1) order two pairs of red shorts for a customer, (2) email and fill out an application for a health fair, and (3) put up every shoe in the backroom. By 10:30 am I had completed all of my goals and pretty much was ready to get out of town and head to the west coast.

No comments: