Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can Scotty Come Out and Play!?!

Time: 59:42
Distance: 8.29 miles
Pace: 7:12

I ran over to Scotty D's house this morning for a run with my summer training partner. We've been banged up the last couple of months but I think we are both on the mend. Scotty has been able to slowly get back into things these last few days. Check out his blog posts from his site sunsplashedbevvy.blogspot.com or you can click on the link to the right.

I had planned on meeting Dizzle at his place around 7:30, but when 7:15 rolled around it was still nearly dark. I had a hard time leaving the apartment but when I did it felt pretty good to be out on the roads. I ran through campus, to Brooks and over to Walnut which brought me to his house at 4.25 miles on the nose. The two of us ran casually back to my apartment where I changed and suited up for work.

In the evening I came home to find that Mr. Tom McArdle, my coach and well-rounded muppet, had changed his website on Facebook to whatiswrongwithtommcardle.blogspot.com. I had to check this out and it appears that he is going to start running again. Tom McArdle is the worst coach ever (the two athletes that he was training for the Marine Corps Marathon are no longer running it) and hasn't called in weeks, so who knows what the dude is doing these days. Keith Kelly, former NCAA XC champ and all around great dude, has also started a comeback blog which can be read at kelrock.blogspot.com. There should be some good stories from both these guys.

No comments: