Thursday, October 9, 2008

Balboa Park Farewell

Time: 89:47
Distance: 11.76 miles
Pace: 7:38

Meagan and I ran to Balboa Park one last time this morning to explore. She was aiming to get in 12 miles and I thought that I would tag along and just continue the trend. We ran along 6th and jumped into the park heading down to see the Haunted Trail which was locked up. After a loop up top we crossed Hwy 163 over the Prado pass and ran down the trails looking for somewhere new to go. I thought I had seen on a map that the trails continue near downtown but across from Park Rd./Ave./St. but all we could find were short steep trails that went nowhere.

Footlocker XC Course

The run took us near the golf course, velodrome and an xc course near the Morley Field Sports Complex which is also where the Footlocker Championships take place but I don't know the course. The only map I could find of the course is terrible so that doesn't help much. However, I did find a video that shows some familiar areas like the dog park and "the trail heading past the tennis courts."



Partial Video of Footlocker Course. (I recognize very little).

Overall the run was good. The legs felt fine and weren't too sore. My hip continues to do well. Parts of the run were really slow as we were running up steep trails on hillsides, but at least we got to run down.

No comments: