Friday, October 3, 2008

Sunny Palm Springs

Time: 61:55
Distance: 10.02 miles
Pace: 6:11

I got up and went out for a run in the flats of Palm Springs. I made a quick tour through some familiar areas before heading down to the busier part of town where my dad was getting his hair cut. I get a good laugh every time I hear the barber/stylist/hair dresser's name which is Brian O'Brien. Hah!

A view of Palm Springs and the mountains to the west.

After a quick stop in to bug my dad I ventured out and made a spin around Ruth Hardy park. I was surprised at how good my legs were feeling and the pace was continually getting faster. My splits for the entire run were 7:01, 6:41, 6:26, 6:16, 6:12, 6:11, 6:08, 5:45, 5:31, 5:32. I was pleased with the way I felt the final 4 miles and how I responded to the change in pace. I hadn't intentionally set out to pick up the pace so drastically but I went with the flow of the run.

No comments: