Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Beer Was a Bad Choice...

Time: 44:51
Distance: 6.25 miles

After a day at work and staying past closed it was time to get out for a run. I missed the McNellie's Pub Run training event that was hosted by Stu and Holly up in the city. Instead Craig suggested that I take a small bottle and fill it with beer and drink it on the run home. I grabbed one of the orange Fuel Belt 8 oz. containers and filled that sucker up. I downed the remaining for ounces from the Coor's Light bottle which gave me a glimpse of how bad beer miling really is. Anyway, I chatted with Craig and Anna for another 20 minutes before finally leaving for home. I jogged up Robinson before cutting in near the Westwood Golf Course where the streets are much quieter. When it was time to drink I popped open the top and immediately beer started foaming over the top. I put the nozzle to my lips and was greeted with Coor's froth and a bit of liquid. Not a great experience. I drank a couple ounces before realizing that all hope was lost and I squeezed the rest out. Such a shame.

The rest of the run was relatively pleasant. The weather was a bit chilly but I had a decent wind at my back for a majority of the run. The legs felt good as did the hip.

2 comments:

Owen said...

Norman is getting pretty boring, eh?

Unknown said...

noooo. you should try it sometime. i gotta take my skills to the next level for the race in DC.