Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Balboa Park Exploration

Time: 44:06
Distance: 5.61
Pace: 7:52

The new 'hood.

We left Palm Springs this morning around 10 am and were in San Diego around noon. Our hopes for cooler temperatures were not fulfilled but the change of pace was nice. San Diego has a lot more going on than Palm Springs and Meagan and I took full advantage of the action. We spent the afternoon walking around Hillcrest visiting used clothing and Vespa stores. Later we took a walk down 6th to Balboa Park and ventured into the Museum of Man. After a lot of walking we returned home and got ready for our run that took us back to Balboa Park. I'm not sure where the Footlocker Cross Country course is run, and we certainly didn't find it. The run was solid and involved the crossing of several canyons. I managed to navigate the park fairly well and found Upas St. with ease. Unfortunately, the map I glanced at before leaving on the run was only an overhead Google map that didn't show elevation changes. I figured once we found Upas it would take us back near the house, but I didn't realize that it would also involve a pretty real hill. After charging up the hill I spent the rest of the run wheezing while Meagan ran in comfort because she decided to walk up it.

No comments: