Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week in Review

Time: 372:12
Distance: 51.5 miles

I had a great weekend in DC topped off with a bag of wine and good friends. The marathon was fun to be a part of but it will only be a matter of time before I'm out there competing. My hip continues to feel good which makes running much more enjoyable. Unfortunately, the beer mile didn't not happen out in DC. I had been training and had 5:54 visualized as my time to run. I started coming down with a cold around Saturday evening and I could feel a tickle in the back of my throat on Sunday morning. I knew I was done for by 1 pm on Sunday after the marathon and I proceeded to take a long nap that didn't make my cold feel any better. I guess I wasn't too upset with the beer mile being canceled this time around as it would have posed a logistical nightmare. Oh well. Slap the bag.

No comments: